Medication Policy

  Medication Policy  
Medication Policy

Emanuel Lutheran School will no longer be able to give out over the counter (OTC) medication 
of ANY kind from the school supply as of Tuesday, March 1, 2011 due to new Wisconsin state 
laws. Any medication a student needs (Sudafed, Tylenol, Advil, Cough Drops, etc.) must be 
supplied by each student's parent or guardian, in the manufacturer's original package. These are 
for personal use only and cannot be shared with any other persons. A completed parent 
authorization form is required. 

If you want to provide OTC medication that would be kept for your child in the school office, 
you will need to fill out a medication authorization form and hand it in to the office along with 
the medication in its original package with dosage amounts and times listed on the bottle - FOR 
EACH CHILD. In other words, siblings may not share medication from the same bottle or 
container, and a parent authorization form is needed for each child. 

OFFICE. In the case of liquid medication, the family should also provide the means of 
dispensation (spoon, cup, etc., with the necessary measurements displayed). 
Our faculty and office staff has received the required training to be able to dispense oral 

Medication Consent forms can be obtained in the school office or can be downloaded. There are 
also forms in the office for carrying an inhaler, which needs a physician's signature. Your doctor 
can fax it to (920)982-0954 

 If you have any questions, call the school office at (920)982-5444.